I suggest you ...

an additional mode where both players get the same letters

It would be nice to have an additional mode where both players get the same letters.
Both players add a word to the board and get the score for their word. The word with the highest score stays on the board.
By playing this way you can really see who is the best of the 2.

1,271 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

26 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That might not be a good idea, even though I support it, as now more and more people are using word anagrammers, or cheats to make best words. If we play it normally, (without same letters), Wordfeud will be a game about strategy, (hooking, blocking the TW tile, etc) instead of cheaters. The normal mode would be a game about strategy, and this additional mode will probably be played by many cheaters.

• Jennifer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What a great idea! One of the highest voted on this site, can't believe they haven't implemented it yet. I don't think the Wordfeud creators are interested in having a competitive advantage...

• renay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a boon! I swear my BF "always" gets the best letters and makes the largest words.

• renay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't think anyone is looking at our posts. I myself have made requests almost 2 years ago as well.

• PAtrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This idea is already over 2 years old - is someone from Wordfeud actually looking at this? C'mon guys!

• Mycroft commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely brilliant idea. Is there any wordfeud rival out there which already has this feature? Can't be too hard to implement!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I played the word uteritis which is in the scrabble dictionary. word feud wouldn't let me play it.

• Karol commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One comment to that idea this fame is best with more than two players and timer is required

• Naturealley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great idea! My dad and best friend always say I am lucky in getting the best letters. This will put that theory to the test:)

• Ma Rianne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Steven, that's true, but if you would play against humans (not against the computer), it wouldn't be the highest (theoretical) scoring word. That would still make it fun and challenging. I agree that a computer, picking the best scoring word, would take away some of the fun.

• Steven de Rooij commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would appreciate the option to play like this! Although it does make the game less strategic. A computer could easily play duplicate Wordfeud optimally by always playing the highest scoring word. Whereas computers cannot play regular wordfeud optimally. So it becomes just "find the highest scoring word" instead of "find the word that scores well but also sets you up well for the rest of the game".

• Johnny Voners commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Swapping is not allowed. There is normally no reason for it. The tiles are distributed in such way that you will never be in a situation where you have only vowels or consonants. If you read the rules of duplicate scrabble it will be clear.

• jeannine bisschops commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

good idea. but what if you want to swap letters. do you need to swap the letters of both players, or do you have to pass then? You cannot swap?

• John Milham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update from the developers? This request is very popular so at least it should be considered!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base